Access for disabled people.
Congress Conference Centre treats the needs of disabled delegates and speakers with great importance.
The conference venue retains a consultancy to conduct regular assessments and advice on disability issues and regulations to ensure it meets standards.
Facilities for disabled people include:
- Raised step treads outside the building to assist blind and partially sighted delegates, with entrance ramps for wheelchair users.
- All lifts accommodate standard wheelchairs and have low-level buttons and voice over.
- Door Access Dimensions, Height 2.1 metres, Width 0.7 metres.
- Internal Dimensions, Height to light 2.1 metres, Width 1metre.
- Length Door to back 1.2 metres.
- Congress Hall has an entrance ramp for wheelchair users and there is a further ramp onto the stage allowing speakers easy access to the podium.
- All doorways are wide enough to accommodate standard wheelchairs.
- Accessible toilets are located on the lower ground floor by the cloakroom and registration area which is conveniently beside Congress Hall, foyer and the Congress Suites.
- A further accessible toilet is located on the fifth floor.
- Most conference rooms benefit from a hearing loop system; Congress Hall has an infra-red hearing loop.